1. Post a comment about something from your notes that someone said in class that struck you as interesting. It helps to start with something like: “Dear (blank), I was interested in your comments on (blank).” Then you may want to quote something he or she said and continue the idea, or ask a specific question, or move on to a related topic. Intellectual dialogue is the key here.
2. Look for the comment directed at you and respond.
Three "Blue and Gold" Rules:
1. Compose your comments in Word and paste in when you are complete. If the internet crashes while you are composing, you will lose all your work.
2. Sarcasm is basically impossible to pull off in this forum. Keep all dialogue professional, courteous, and appropriate. This is a virtual classroom and once you post your comments, there is a record of them. This is the reality of the world you live in and you may as well learn how to perform in it.
3. Do not use your last name. (You do not want a literary stalker.) This site is publicly viewable. Simply write your first name.
Photo of Salvador Dali with rhino mustache tied with flowers. He claimed that he wore his mustache this way because it pointed towards God.