due: February, 6th 2008 in class. Come to school early and print in the computer lab if you have trouble with your printer at home.
Late papers will lose 10pts. a day.
Scoring Guide: Critical Essay
You will also pass in all your notes and outline and rough draft for homework credit.
- Paper needs to be 12pt font, Times New Roman, left justified, no spaces between paragraphs.
- Your last name and page number of paper in Upper Right Header.
- Margins 6.5 inches wide. 1 inch margins on all sides.
- Minimum of 8 pages in length.
- Title page needs to be 12pt font, Times New Roman, centered, double-spaced. It should include title, your name, my name, the course, and the date.
- For quotations longer than 4 lines: set the quotation off by starting it on a new line and indenting each line one inch, or ten spaces, from the left margin. Do not enclose the passage in quotation marks.
- Internal Citation must be done properly.
Papers will not be considered on time if all requirements are not met.
Your goal is to produce an original thesis about Stephen and his evolution as a character throughout the novel A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. You will do this by explicating three passages and applying critical theory to your analysis.
Feel free to use this space for any discussions--maybe you want to run some idea by the class and get some feedback?