Three Blue and Gold Rules:
- Compose your comments in Word and paste in when you are complete. If the internet crashes while you are composing, you will lose all your work.
- Sarcasm is basically impossible to pull off in this forum. Keep all dialogue professional, courteous, and appropriate. This is a virtual classroom and once you post your comments, there is a record of them. This is the reality of the world you live in and you may as well learn how to perform in it.
- Never post your last name. (You do not want a literary stalker.) This site is publicly viewable. Simply write your first name, last initial and period number.
First, go ahead and vote on the poll question in the right hand column.
Next: You should spend the rest of class time seeing how the comment forum can work.
- Post a comment about your intentions for your independent reading project. Specify both what you are choosing to read and why (which should include an explanation of your independent reading plan for the year.)
- After you post your paragraph, scroll through the comment section until you read a post that you like. Respond to that post (another paragraph). It helps to start with something like: “Dear (blank), I was interested in your comments on (blank).” Then you may want to quote something he or she said and continue the idea, or ask a specific question, or move on to a related topic. Intellectual dialogue is the key here.
Photo of Salvador Dali with rhino mustache tied with flowers. He claimed that he wore his mustache this way because it pointed toward God.