Here's the schedule you came up with:
- 11/16 First Section Blog Posts Due pg.1-106 by midnight
- 11/21 Second Section Blog Posts Due pg.106-224 by midnight
- 11/25 Last Section Blog Post Due pg.224-331 by midnight
- 11/30 Fall of the House of Usher Blog Post Due
This is a 100 point homework assignment.
- You need to make 9 posts in total. (Your book should be broken up into three sections, and for each section you should post three times.)
- Please title your posts Post 1-3, Parts A, B, C etc.
Part A: Post your reaction to something specific and thought provoking in the book (though this is not a minimum, each post should be around 400-500 words.) Feel free to ask questions in this section as well, since everyone will be reading these posts.
Part B: You should also respond by elaborating on another comment in the stream (about the same length--).
Part C: You should continue to respond by elaborating on another comment in the stream (about the same length--).
You will be graded on theMalden High School Open Response Rubric.
The above prompts are vague because it is up to you as a group to start to develop your own focus. You can feel free to bring in outside research etc, just make sure you cite or give a link to your sources—but I’m most interested in your “philosophical” discussions about specifics in the books and your ability to discuss the writer’s technique and how he or she affects meaning.
Here’s a links to a solid discussion from two years ago: Madame Bovary. The requirements were a bit vague for the postings and there is a variety of effort and insight in these posts, but on the whole I thought it was quite nice to read.