24 x 22 x 8 7/8 inches
61 x 55.9 x 22.5 cm
A couple points before you look at the assignment breakdowns for the rest of the quarter.
- Late work for Major Assignments & Notebooks will have a letter grade deducted for every day late. No exceptions. Late ‘Homework’ will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- If you miss class, you will receive a zero for SLDs. If it is an excused absence, you may complete a passage explication assignment (graded on the AP rubric) on the day you return to class. Late work will not be accepted.
Jane Eyre Notebook: 15 %
- Collected on May 8th, the day after AP Exam. Please keep updated on this.
Student-Led Discussions SLDs: 15 %
- SLDs and Notebook are how you will be graded (mostly) on Jane Eyre. Consult Rubric for SLD again. I want to grade you more on the depth of close reading analysis. I will be varying how SLD is run to involve (force) more of you to speak.
In-Class Writing Prompts: 15 %
- April 9th, April 29th
Homework: 15 %
- Independent Reading Assignment (TBA) 5%
- Blog Posts (2 for Jane Eyre) 5%
- AP Test Prep 5%
Major Assignments: 40 %
- Create paired poetry assignment (Romantic Era w/ “It’s a Woman’s World”) with meta. Due April 16th.
- Option Assignment—this does not mean optional, it means you will have choices. Due May 4th.
- Create paired poetry assignment (two poems from similar eras) with meta.
- Attend and review poetry reading and / or panel discussion and / or lecture and write review (publish somewhere) with meta. Must pass with me in advance. I know of some readings coming up.
- John Wieners and Munch research Assignment with meta.
- Create AP multiple choice for poetry or passage with meta.
Last Day of Classes May 21st.