|poster for the first New York solo exhibition by SWOON in 2005|
I am very excited for this year--but I'll leave my gushing for our face-to-face meeting . . .
I'd like to get a bunch of this bookkeeping stuff out of the way; it's mostly following directions, but will make life easier once it is all set up.
1. Email me your email address to ryanseangallagher AT gmail DOT com (asap). Create a professional email if you need one. (I am very google-centric, so it helps to have a google account for blogger, google docs, and google calendar.) Once you do this I will be able to:
- send you an invite to my google calendar for the class
- set up your snapgrades account
- Also not a bad idea to have email alerts sent to you when I post on the blog, as I use it often, or become a "follower".
- Reader's notebook: you can turn it in today (9.2.10) for full credit, or you can turn it in on Tuesday 9.7.10 for a deduction of 5 points (out of 100).
- This is a completion grade. It will be scored in the Reader's Notebook section of your grades.
- Blog Posts: Ms. Clapp is scoring and giving me the results. Posts appearing after today (9.2.10) will not be scored.
- This is a completion grade. It will be scored in the Homework section of your grades.
- You will also have a Question 3. style, open-response prompt on Tuesday (9.7.10) in-class.
- This will be scored on the APE rubric, which you will see often this year.
- It will appear in the Quizzes and Open-Responses section of your grades.
- If you would like to look at some examples of this style of writing and practice scoring, here's a link. You will find tons of past exams and actual student responses with actual scores and explanations--(you will soon see that I am a firm believer in your independence with this aspect of the course.)