You have until Monday night @ 11:59 to complete this assignment. Late posts will not be accepted (since this is to also serve as a group study guide for the exam on Wednesday, March 5.) It is worth 50 points and will be graded with the open response rubric.
Choose any one of the following six passages from Hamlet and present your thoughts and observations on its significance to the play. Though your writing does not have to be as formal as it would be in an explication, you still need to present ideas with depth and evidence.
All things you can write on (though not a complete list):
- present an explication of some lines
- explain allusions
- explain how Shakespeare develops symbols, images, or words (like your strand)
- explain how Shakespeare develops characterization
- address Hamlet's sanity
- connect to other moments in the play (give specific evidence--this is essential for character and strand development)
- critique the performance of the delivery of the video (least important for this particular assignment, though we'll get to this later)
You should have a mountain of writing about this play already, so I'll expect the posts to be substantial.
When you post, make sure you read what is there in the comment stream. What you write must be new: I certainly do not want a recap of things that were said in class or already posted by your peers.
Post in the comment stream of the video. Feel free to log in again and comment on theories that you like.